JACK DOUGLAS PAPPALARDO, ESQ.
I am excited to take my experience drawn from representing Fortune 500 companies Home Depot USA, Quiznos Canada, Vail Resorts, PetsMart, Prudential Insurance, regional and national shopping center developers, retailers, office building owners, and local start-ups iSushi Japanese Restaurant and The Gallery Exchange. My prior legal experience includes work at the prestigious Denver real estate law firm Otten, Johnson, Robinson, Neff & Ragonetti, P.C; vice‑president, associate Canadian counsel for The Quiznos Corporation; Altman, Kritzer & Levick, P.C. in Atlanta; and Fine & Deo in Toronto, Canada. I will use this extensive experience for you, the small business client and individual entrepreneur.
Clients of Jack Douglas Pappalardo receive the same quality of work offered at larger firms, but with reasonable boutique-style hourly and flat-fee rates in a comfortable, congenial and welcoming environment.
Our approach to business and real estate transactions is a simple one: get the deal done in a fair, effective and cost efficient manner. This means anticipating reactions and preparing for the next steps throughout the process. We leave the undue drama, posturing and theatrics to our local artists and professional performers.
The law office is situated in a historic building built in 1883 in the heart of a vibrant award winning arts and creative district known as Denver’s Art District on Santa Fe, an organization run by Jack Douglas Pappalardo and his board. Clients don’t need to pay extra at our offices to be surrounded by art.
Business transactions, real estate deals, arts and entertainment agreements, franchising and nonprofits. This is the place to grow your business and organization with quality work at affordable rates.
JACK DOUGLAS PAPPALARDO, ESQ.
828 SANTA FE DR, DENVER, CO 80204
Tel: (303) 807-2674; E-Mail: JackDP@Earthlink.net
A proven legal professional in the areas of office and retail leasing, contracts, business agreements, purchase and sales, restaurants, negotiations, real estate, franchise and transactional law
PRIVATE LAW PRACTICE
Denver, Colorado, Solo Practice, 2009-Present
Serving the legal and business needs of developers, small businesses and nonprofits, including leasing, residential purchase and sales, contracts, incorporations, restaurant, licensing and general counsel.
PRESIDENT/BOARD MEMBER, DENVER’S ART DISTRICT ON SANTA FE and RNO
Denver, Colorado, 2004-Present
Led a community redevelopment effort along the Santa Fe Drive “Gateway to Denver” corridor. This nonprofit group of interdependent creative businesses and organizations has grown from 12 members to 70 under my leadership and is Colorado’s first formally recognized and funded “Certified Creative District.” Manage a board of directors consisting of 12 business professionals. Participates in GNAs, liquor license, zoning and use variance applications as president of a registered neighborhood organization. Grant writing and event planning.
OTTEN, JOHNSON, ROBINSON, NEFF & RAGONETTI, PC
Denver, Colorado, Of Counsel, 2004–2009
A member of Otten Johnson’s prestigious commercial real estate practice. Experience includes extensive retail and office leasing, negotiation and preparation of development and reciprocal easement agreements for shopping center development and condominium declarations for mixed-use projects. Clients represented included Broe Properties, Jonathan-Rose Companies, Granite Properties and Vail Resorts.
THE QUIZNOS CORPORATION
Denver, Colorado, VP and Associate General Counsel for Canadian Operations, 2002-2003
Managed the day-to-day legal issues for Quiznos’ Canadian restaurant sites under a two-year management agreement with the Master Franchisor for Quiznos’ Canadian operations. Prepared and negotiated leases for 200-plus new restaurant locations in Canada and the United States. Ensured compliance with health, franchise and other regulatory matters. Negotiated and mitigated losses for breach of franchise agreements and leases.
ALTMAN, KRITZER & LEVICK, P.C. (“AK&L”)
Atlanta, Georgia, Of Counsel, 1998-2002
AK&L was a nationally recognized law firm consisting of over 70 attorneys in offices in Atlanta, New York, Chicago and Phoenix. AK&L now practices as Hartman, Simons & Wood in Atlanta.
Representation of regional shopping center developers from initial planning and assemblage of parcels through the purchase of land, preparation of ground leases, options to purchase, Construction, Operating and Reciprocal Easement Agreements and extensive leasing of retail space to national and regional tenants. Clients represented include Home Depot, PetsMart, North American Properties and GBT‑Nashville.
FINE & DEO, BARRISTERS & SOLICITORS
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Associate, 1994-1997
Fine & Deo has a national reputation for its work in Condominium Law representing 1,000-plus condominium corporations in the Greater Toronto Area. Responsibilities included day-to-day enforcement of condominium declarations, bylaws and statutory regulations governing condominium corporations. Enforced and litigated compliance issues and worked directly with condominium corporations and accountants on loss prevention and compliance matters. Provided comments to provincial legislative panel regarding proposed modifications to the Condominium Act of Ontario.
During 1992 – 1993 I married a Canadian artist, moved to Toronto, ON and participated in the Ontario law society required bar study courses, exams and articling program.
LAW OFFICES OF RONALD A. HOLLANDER
New York, New York, Associate, 1987—1991
Responsibilities included representation of commercial and residential landlords in New York City and extensive litigation practice with respect to real estate matters, condominium and cooperative purchase and sale transactions. Negotiated and oversaw loss prevention issues for apartment and other building owners.
- Juris Doctorate, Syracuse University College of Law, 1986. Dean’s Honors.
- Master of Public Administration, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at
Syracuse University, 1986. 3.8 GPA.
- B.A., Sociology, Stony Brook campus of the State University of New York, 1982.
Finalist, Outstanding Community Service Award. Dean’s Honors.
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Bar Memberships: Colorado; Georgia; New York; Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario, Canada)
- President Denver’s Art District on Santa Fe, 2004-2007, 2009-present. Board Member 2008
- Denver Office of Cultural Affairs “Create Denver” Advisory Committee, 2008–Present
- Co-Owner of Georgia Amar Fine Art with international artist and wife Georgia Amar, 2003-Present
- International Council of Shopping Centers, 1998-2009
MEDIA, PANELS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Winner of Mayor’s Award for Excellence in the Arts, Entrepreneurr category 2012
- Colorado Creative Industries (CCI) winner, “Certified Creative District” for the Art District, 2012
- Presenter at CCI creative conferences in Breckenridge, Salida and Denver, 2012
- Workshop presenter at Create Denver Expo, “Artist/Gallery Relationship: Legal and Ethical Considerations,” Denver, 2011
- Panelist for ULI study on creating an innovation district for “The Hill” near C.U., 2011
- Panelist on Colorado Creative Industry Council, creating an art district, Denver, 2010
- Local and national press interviews and coverage regarding community work with Art District including USA Today, Comcast Headliners-CNN Headline News, FOX 31, CBS4 Denver, KUVO, KGNU, Untitled Art Show radio show, Denver Post, Denver Business Journal, Denver Post, Rocky Mountain News, Travel + Leisure, Desert Living Magazine, Colorado Public Radio
- Panel Speaker at Rocky Mountain Real Estate Expo “Creating a Sense of Place”, Fall 2008
- Judge for Colorado Business Committee for the Arts “Workplace Awards”, 2008
- Frequent speaker in metro Denver regarding Art District community development leadership role
- Guest Contributor to “Condominium Magazine,” Toronto, Ontario, 1997
- Assisted author Jonathan H. Fine with his book “Golf Is a Very Simple Game: The Golf Teachings of the Late Senor Francisco Lopez” and acknowledged in book, 1997
- Assisted authors Banks and Braveman in preparation of legal textbook Issues in Constitutional Law and acknowledged in book, 1986
I have a special interest in astronomy and space exploration, as my brother Bob is a NASA/JPL Project Scientist for interplanetary scientific probes. A golfer and avid fan of ice hockey and baseball.